Immigrant Women’s Small Business EXPO
EVENT POSTPONED TO 2020
We are sorry to announce that this year’s Immigrant Women’s Small Business Expo is cancelled. Earlier this month Dwania Peele CEO of Canadian Small Business Women was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.⠀
“This decision was made with a heavy heart,” said Dwania Peele. “I wouldn’t host an event if I couldn’t do it at my absolute best. Right now I have to focus on my health and well being”. Ms.Peele is in good spirits stating “… – Click below bio for the full Statement.
7th Annual Immigrant Women’s Small Business EXPO
Join us for our 7th annual Immigrant Women’s Small Business Expo in Toronto!
Being an Immigrant female in Canada can be hard, matter of fact, just starting a business in Canada is hard as well! We are here to make sure you have all the tools you need to be a success.
Mission: To showcase resources and business opportunities available to the immigrant community.
Vision: Creating a collaborative community that nourishes the entrepreneurial spirit.
September 13, 2020, 9am-5pm
- Informative material from supportive businesses.
- Seminars and workshops featuring expert small business leaders.
- NEW: STEM workshops for children ages 7-14
- NEW: Pitch your business for a chance to win a cash prize along with consulting and accountability support for your business
- A great platform to network with other women with similar interests
- A chance to get one on one advice from industry leaders and representatives
- Increased Business Exposure, if you choose to become a sponsor or exhibitor.
- A great overall experience, leaving you wanting to attend our other events and gain more information that can help your business!
- SWAG bags for all of our guests with complementary materials from other companies.
Workshop 1: This interactive workshop teaches participants the science behind the every day household item, bath bombs. After leaving this workshop, participants will discuss how bath bombs are made, their environmental impact, and social implications.
Workshop 2: Teaching basic robotics to kids is an excellent way to foster a love for science and engineering that will hopefully continue as they get older. Fun hydraulics workshops are a way to introduce children to simple engineering concepts. This project based workshop will increase creativity, teach children to follow directions, and the finished product gives them a sense of accomplishment and confidence.
FEE: $15 per child (with the purchase of an adult ticket)
STEM Panel Discussion
Join a discussion with female leaders in STEM as we discuss the unique challenges and opportunities for women in STEM in Canada in 2019.
This year, our Exhibitor Hall features over 50 service providers or products to help you on your way to success as a small business owner or to help you with your job search.
Full Day Agenda
8:30am: Registration Opens (swag bags for first 250 guests)
9am: Exhibitor Hall Opens
more details to follow
Exclusive Acess to Experts
Your ticket to the Immigrant Women’s Small Business Expo grants you access to our exclusive workshops, expert speakers and exhibitors. First 250 attendees will receive a FREE swag bag wtih special offers and products deisgned to help new and growing entreprenerus.
Learn more about our featured speakers and participants in our Panel Discussions and Exclusive Workshops.
Immigrant Women in STEM Panel Discussion
Panelists To Be Announced
Small Business Pitch Panel
Judges To Be Announced
Check back with us to find out how you can get a chance to pitch your business to our team of judges for your chance to win:
- A cash prize TBD
- 10 hours of consulting from Canadian Small Business Women: $2000 value
- Feature on Canadian Small Business Women
Join over a thousand fellow entrepreneurs at our 7th Annual Immigrant Women’s Small business Expo.
Tickets are $20 and grant you access to our Exhibitor Hall, Panel Discussions, and Expert Workshops.
STEM Workshop access: $15 with the purchase of an entry ticket